Information and Consultation Tour
We commit to completing this natural gas project diligently and transparently, while providing fact-based communications of the project characteristics.
We will carry out a robust and constructive information and consultation process, as we believe it is important to involve local communities at various levels of the project.
We will strive to minimize impacts through the following approach:
- Inform and listen to community stakeholders in order to improve the project
- Involve local communities so they can validate the route and impacts
- Develop the project based on feedback received and changes made to the project
- Integrate, in the environmental and social impact assessment, the concerns and comments expressed
- Individual meetings with certain key stakeholders
- Late 2018
- Objectives: Present the project and the study corridor, validate the information and consultation process, and identify other stakeholders to be consulted
- Group meetings with all identified stakeholders
- Early 2019
- Objectives: Hold group meetings with the identified stakeholders to initiate the process of identifying a route with the least impact. The purpose of these working sessions is to identify the impacts and opportunities related to the corridor and consult targeted stakeholders regarding the MELCC’s environmental assessment process and validate the content of upcoming public information and consultation sessions.
City Date Val-d'Or January 14, 2019 Senneterre January 15, 2019 Amos January 15, 2019 La Sarre January 16, 2019 Rouyn-Noranda January 16, 2019 La Tuque January 22, 2019 Kirkland Lake January 24, 2019 Roberval February 4, 2019 Alma February 5, 2019 Saguenay February 5, 2019
*** Dates are subject to change without prior notice
- Public information and consultation sessions
- Early 2019
- Objectives: Involve interested residents from the municipalities located in the corridor to:
- Present the project components
- Identify the impacts and opportunities related to the corridor
- Prioritize the topics of interest of the environmental and social impact assessment (ESIA)
City Dates and times Location Val-d’Or Friday, Feb. 15, from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 16, from 9 a.m. to 12 noon
1001 3e Avenue Est,
Val-d’Or, QC J9P 0J7
Amos Saturday, Feb. 16, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Amosphère
1031 Route 111
Est, Amos, QC J9T 1N2
Rouyn-Noranda Sunday, Feb. 17, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 18, from 9 a.m. to 12 noon
Centre des congrès, Le Noranda
41 6e Rue,
Rouyn-Noranda, QC J9X 1Y8
La Sarre Monday, Feb. 18, from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Club de l’âge d’or, Saint-André
11 4e Avenue Ouest,
La Sarre, QC J9Z 2X9
Senneterre Tuesday, Feb. 19, from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Salle des Chevaliers de Colomb
191 5e Rue Ouest,
Senneterre, QC J0Y 2M0
Saguenay Friday, Feb. 22, from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 23, from 9 a.m. to 12 noon
Saturday, Feb. 23, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
1080 Boul. Talbot,
Chicoutimi, QC G7H 4B6
Roberval Sunday, Feb. 24, from 9 a.m. to 12 noon
Sunday, Feb. 24, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
1225 Boulevard Marcotte,
Roberval, QC G8H 2P1
Alma Monday, Feb. 25, 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Hôtel Universel
1000 Boulevard des Cascades,
Alma, QC G8B 3G4
La Tuque Tuesday, Feb. 26, from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Complexe Culturel Félix-Leclerc
725 Boulevard Ducharme,
La Tuque, QC G9X 3B4
Black River - Matheson Tuesday, Feb 26 from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Black River – Matheson Community Centre
1 Arena Ave,
Matheson, ON P0K 1N0
Larder Lake Wednesday, Feb. 27, from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Municipal Gymnasium and Banquet Hall
69 Fourth Ave.
Larder Lake, ON P0K 1L0
Kirkland Lake Thursday, Feb. 28, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 28, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
400 Government Rd W,
Kirkland Lake, ON P2N 3M6
- Technical, thematic workshops
- Spring 2019
- Objectives: Involve interested residents in the environmental and social impact assessment (ESIA) and respond to issues and opportunities raised by the residents.
- Regional roundtables and tour of municipalities
- As of April 2019
- Objectives: Monitor development of the project and of the environmental and social impact assessment (ESIA) and inform and consult stakeholders in the municipalities affected by the preferred route and its variants.
- Monitor the project development and environmental and social impact assessment, and inform and consult stakeholders in the municipalities affected by the preferred route and its variants.