The Project is currently in the planning and design stage. It must go through rigorous regulatory review before construction can begin. Operations are scheduled to start in 2024 to coincide with the projected start date of the Énergie Saguenay facility.
Our approach will be collaborative with both Indigenous communities and stakeholders throughout the entire regulatory review process in order to listen to their suggestions and concerns and gather valuable local insight.
- Information and Consultation with Local Communities
- Information and consultation sessions as well as meetings will be held with the communities located in the study corridor.
- Regulatory Review Processes
- The Project will go through a multi-jurisdictional environmental assessment and regulatory review process from the following regulatory agencies: the National Energy Board (NEB), the Ministère de l’Environnement et de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques (MELCC) and the Commission de protection du territoire agricole du Québec (CPTAQ).
- 2022 to 2024
- Construction activities include right-of-way preparation, pipe and control system installation, pressure testing, and clean-up and site rehabilitation. Related facilities such as compressor stations will also be installed.
- Startup is scheduled in late 2024
- Operations start when the natural gas transmission line is put into service in late 2024.
- In addition to the control centre functions, operational activities include routine maintenance, preventative programs and implementation of management system programs, including emergency management, integrity maintenance, safety and security, and environmental protection. Project-related engagement and consultation programs will also transition to ongoing communications and public awareness programs.