The Gazoduq Project will be designed, built and operated in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and industry codes and standards.
Gazoduq Inc., in its development of the Project, must meet all applicable regulation, which is expected to include:
- National Energy Board (NEB)
- When a new natural gas line crosses an interprovincial boundary, as is the case for the Gazoduq Project, it is subject to NEB life-cycle regulation.
- Access to the documents filed with the National Energy Board
- Ministère de l’Environnement et de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques (MELCC)
- Access to documents filed with the Ministry of the Environment and the Fight Against Climate Change
- Commission de protection du territoire agricole (CPTAQ)
In addition to complying with various regulatory processes, Gazoduq is setting up a consultation and information process in order to identify a route. Communities will be given an opportunity to improve the Project during the many activities that have been prepared to inform and listen to them at various stages of the process.